To install your HP DeskJet printer with a Mac Print driver through Apple software is as simple once you follow this text thoroughly. it’d often seem that Windows obliterate the Mac version installation and its guide availability. Thus this piece of detailed step-by-step instructions is here to rescue you and assist you in installing the print driver without a hitch.
Here are the rules for both Mac OS or OS X 10.7 and Mac OS X 10.6 OS.
For Mac OS or OS X 10.7 or later versions:
- Turn On the pc and printer and confirm that there’s a correct connection between the two either by a USB cable or over a wireless network.
- Click on the Apple icon, and a menu appears from which you would like to pick System Preferences.
- Now click on Print & Fax or Printers and Scanners.
Select your printer model:
- Check the supply of your HP DeskJet printer on the screen. If the choice is displayed, click on your printer, then click on the ‘-‘ sign, removing the printer. Then click on the ‘+’ symbol to re-add it by clicking on Add Printer or Scanner.
- If your printer isn’t visible to you within the menu, then directly click on Add Printer or Scanner, then click on the HP DeskJet printer of yours.
- If your printer isn’t enlisted within the Add Printer or Scanner menu, verify that the printer has a lively connection to both the pc also over the wireless or USB connection.
- Click on the Print Using menu, then choose your HP DeskJet printer.
- To add your printer to the list, click on Add.
- If a prompt message box appears asking you to put in the software, click on Download and Install to initiate the method.
- If the prompt message box displays, ‘Software is currently unavailable,’ you’ll need to download the printer software before installing it manually.
- Now close the System Preferences menu.
- The printer driver is installed, and you’ll print, scan, and fax now.
An error sometimes appears with the scanning feature after the recent upgrade of the printer driver. This happens thanks to updating the pc OS. Hence it comes into the scene the compatibility problems with existing drivers.
For Mac OS X 10.6:
- First, activate the pc and printer and confirm that there’s a well-established cable connection between the two, either by a USB cable or over a wireless network.
- Put a new document during a queue for printing.
- One thing to stay in mind is that you checked if your HP DeskJet Printer has drivers compatible with Mac OS X 10.6.
- If yes, proceed then. If negative, you’ll install a third-party driver. This may provide essential print functionality.
- Click on the Apple icon, and a menu appears from which you’ll click on the System Preferences.
- Click on Print & Fax.
Select your printer model:
- Check the supply of your HP DeskJet Printer on the screen.
- If the printer’s name appears, then to make sure the addition of the right print driver you’ll need to remove it first. Click on the ‘-‘ option first to get rid of the printer. Now click on the ‘+’ choice to re-add the printer. Now click on Add Printer or Scanner.
- If your printer isn’t enlisted within the menu, click directly on Add Printers and Scanners option.
- If your printer isn’t listed after removing the printer, then inspect for the connections. See if the links are loose or connected via an area wireless network, then check the web status.
- Select the Print Using box, then click on the name of the HP DeskJet model of your printer.
- Click on the increase attach your printer to the list.
- A prompt command box appears asking you to put in the print driver software. Click on Download and Install to initiate the installation process.
- A message saying ‘Software is currently unavailable’ indicates you download the print driver software and install it manually.
If your printer driver is successfully installed, you’ll now print, scan, and fax documents.